What is my role in the Union?
May 11, 2018 at 11:30am
Rank-and-file members are the backbone of any Union and your voice is important. Your role in the Union is to be active and aware.
- At work, keep an eye out for health & safety hazards and violations of your collective agreement.
- Speak to your co-workers about Union matters and attend Union meetings.
- Run for Steward positions, become a Health & Safety Certified Member, or even run for the Local Union Executive Board.
- Remain united during difficult times such as during bargaining or a strike.
- Submit proposals when it comes time to negotiate a renewal agreement.
- Always come to cast your vote at any ratification meetings; and,
- Support other Unionized workers on strike and Shop Union whenever you can.